Citron Hygiene LP is committed to meeting it obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the “Act”) and the related Accessibility Standard for Customer Service (the “Customer Service Standard”). Citron Hygiene’s mission is to provide accessible services to people with disabilities in Ontario and ensuring that people with disabilities have the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers.
Should you require accommodations through any form of communication with Citron Hygiene, please contact the Human Resources Department at 800.643.6922 or HR@citronhygiene.com
Download / View the complete AODA Policy: Citron Hygiene AODA Accessible Customer Service Policy
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (the “Plan”) outlines the past, current, and future actions that Citron Hygiene (“Citron Hygiene” or the “Company”) will take to prevent and remove accessibility barriers as it takes steps to provide equal access and opportunity for people with disabilities.
This Policy applies to all Citron Hygiene entities located in the Province of Ontario. All employees, contractors and other persons who interact with employees, the public or third parties on these entities’ behalf are expected to comply with this Policy.
Statement of Commitment
Citron Hygiene is committed to treating all people with respect and in a manner that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Citron Hygiene believes in equal opportunity, strives to identify, remove, and prevent barriers to accessibility. Citron Hygiene aims to meet accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and other relevant legislation.
Citron Hygiene is committed to promoting equality and providing employees with programs, support, and opportunities irrespective of disability in a timely manner. In addition, Citron Hygiene aims to ensure that all individuals have equal access to and receive equal benefit from its services.
Key Areas of Compliance
Citron Hygiene maintains an Accessibility for Ontarians Policy (the “Policy”) that addresses key areas of AODA compliance, including training, information and communication, employment standards, and the provision of goods, services, and facilities to people with disabilities.
As further outlined in the Policy, Citron Hygiene has acted and continues to act in the following areas to further its commitment to accessibility and accommodation of persons with disabilities.
Information & Communication
Citron Hygiene is aware of its obligations to provide persons with disabilities with accessible communication and currently supports several communication formats and assistive devices. Citron Hygiene is further aware of its obligation to ensure that its website meets AODA accessibility standards.
On an ongoing basis, Citron Hygiene will take appropriate steps to:
- Train team members to communicate over the phone in clear and simple language and to speak slowly and are familiar with the various communication formats and assistive devices available to support persons with disabilities.
- Communicate with employees, customers, and members of the public by e-mail or letter if telephone communication is not suitable to individuals’ communication needs or is not available.
- Encourage persons with disabilities to consult with Citron Hygiene in person, by telephone or e-mail, to discuss additional accessibility formats that may be necessary to accommodate their individual needs.
- Citron Hygiene will take necessary steps to meet the requirement to make all new websites and content on those new websites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A. Existing websites and web content will conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2022, in accordance with the AODA.
Citron Hygiene aims to provide all candidates and employees with an equal opportunity for success and works to ensure accessibility for persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and hiring process, as well as at the workplace. Citron Hygiene has developed policies to accommodate employees with disabilities, and processes to help employees return to work after disability leave.
Citron Hygiene is committed to furthering its objectives to foster an inclusive workplace. On an ongoing basis, Citron Hygiene will take the following steps:
- Upon an employee’s request, ensure that (a) any information that is required for an employee with a disability to perform the job for which they were hired, and (b) any other information that is generally available in the workplace, is made available in accessible formats and provides communication supports.
- Consult employees with disabilities to determine what actions Citron Hygiene can take to meet employees’ individual needs and to foster a more inclusive work environment.
- Upon an employee’s request, provide an individual accommodation plan in accordance with the Individual Accommodation Plans: Process and Procedures Policy.
- Where (a) Citron Hygiene is aware that an employee requires accommodation due to disability, and (b) the disability is such that individual information is necessary for the employee’s safety and wellbeing, Citron Hygiene will provide the affected employee with individual workplace emergency response information for emergency events such as fire, power outages or severe weather conditions.
- Assist employees in returning to work as soon as practicable after disability-related absences, subject to applicable law and other terms and conditions of employment or applicable agreements.
Provision of Services to People with Disabilities
Citron Hygiene makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that people with disabilities have equal access to and obtain equal benefit from its services. Citron Hygiene currently supports several communication formats and assistive devices to enable customers with disabilities to obtain accessible information. Training will be provided to staff as appropriate on how to effectively communicate with and assist customers with disabilities.
Citron Hygiene is committed to furthering its’ objective to provide equal and high-quality service to customers with disabilities. As a result, on an ongoing basis, Citron Hygiene will:
- Encourage customers with disabilities to consult with Citron Hygiene in person, by telephone or e-mail, to discuss additional accessibility formats that may be necessary to accommodate their individual needs, and to provide feedback with respect to Citron Hygiene’s accommodation efforts.
- Offer accessible billing and invoicing options to customers, to be provided in the following formats upon request: hard copy, large print, or e-mail. Citron Hygiene will answer any questions customers may have about the content of the invoice in person, by telephone or e-mail.
- Provide clients with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
- Include on its websites and at its premises a notice advising clients how they can request a copy of this Policy and all related documents. Citron Hygiene will strive to provide clients with disabilities who request a copy of this Plan or the Policy with a format that considers their disability.
Citron Hygiene will provide its team members with training consistent with the Accessibility Policy. Citron Hygiene acknowledges that the development and provision of training is an ongoing process that must continue to adapt to the needs of the Company and of persons with disabilities. This training will build on existing training relating to accessibility topics already delivered to employees. Citron Hygiene will conduct an inventory of existing AODA and related training programs and review and update existing content to ensure the consistency of training programs throughout all Citron Hygiene Ontario locations.
The nature and content of the training provided may vary in accordance with the trainee’s role and responsibilities. Generally, training will include:
- The purposes of AODA and its requirements.
- The Ontario Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities.
- How to interact, communicate and consult with people with various types of disabilities, including how to access and effectively use the various communication formats that Citron Hygiene has available.
- How to access and effectively use the various assistive devices that Citron Hygiene has available.
- How to accommodate individuals that require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to provide, receive and escalate feedback provided with respect to accessibility questions and concerns.
- Citron Hygiene policies, practices and procedures relating to providing services to people with disabilities.
Training will be delivered to:
- New employees, most contractors, as well other persons who interface with employees, the public or third parties on Citron Hygiene’s behalf and persons who participate in developing the Company’s policies.
- Existing employees and most contractors, as well other persons who interface with employees, the public or third parties on Citron Hygiene’s behalf, and persons who participate in developing the Company’s policies, who have not previously received comparable training from the Company.
Citron Hygiene will maintain a record of the training provided, including the training dates, and the name and number of individuals to whom it was provided. Citron Hygiene may provide additional training as changes in legislation or workplace conditions require.
We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of employees and customers in a timely manner and reviewing the Multi-Year Accessibility Plan at least once every five years, and more frequently should legislative changes or changes to the workplace necessitate further review.
Citron Hygiene has established a separate Accessible Customer Service Policy which outlines our plan for ensuring that all interactions between Citron Hygiene and members of the public are considerate and welcoming to those with disabilities.
This document is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact Human Resources HR@citronhygiene.com for further information.